The department of the Adventist Community Services and Health Ministries Department in coordination with the Philippine National Red Cross would have a bloodletting program with the theme “Dugo ko, Paglaum Mo” (My Blood, Your Hope). This is a regular program of the Adventists in Caraga region to help those who are in need of blood.
The bloodletting will be at Northeastern Mindanao Mission, Km. 3, Baan Highway, Butuan City this coming February 21, 2016.
These are the qualifications of the donors:
- Age: 18-65 years old
- 16-17 years old needs parental consent
- 60-65 years old needs a physician’s approval
- Weight: atleast 115lbs. or 52.5 kg.
- Blood Pressure: 90-130 systolic, 60-90 diastolic
- Travel abroad for a period of more than 1 month must have stayed in the country for 12 months before you can donate.
- Travel abroad for a period of less than 1 month, must have stayed in the country for a month before you can donate.
- No major/minor surgical procedure within a year
- Tattooing/piercing: 12 months after the procedure
- No medicine or alcohol intake for at least 24 hours
- No smoking: 4 hours prior to blood extraction
- At least 5 hours of sleep
- Physically healthy
- Negative for sexually transmitted diseases
- Other guidelines for deferral will be assessed during the interview of donor’s personal and medical history and physical examination.
- Have a personal health check-up
- You will know your blood type, hemoglobin level and BP
- The bone marrow will be stimulated to produce younger and active cells (change oil mechanism)
- More volunteer blood donors would meet the supply of blood
- It is something that will make you feel good about yourself.
We are asking you to join us this coming February 21, 2016. Be there! God Bless You!
For more information you can contact our Health Department Director Pastor Lonie D. Cena and our ACS Director Pastor Jerry E. Taguno.